HISP is likely to be suitable for pupils who:
- are aged 5 years and older
- have a cognitive and receptive language ability of at least a 5 year old
- are willing to engage with the intervention
- have no history of psychosis
- are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the sessions
Once a pupil is referred for a HISP intervention, they will be assessed through a combination of: information on the referral form; conversations with school staff and/or parents; during an initial meeting with the pupil themselves. The intervention will only commence if they are deemed suitable after this information has been gathered.